We have all heard of a bucket list, right? It’s the list of things you want to do before you “kick the bucket”. But what about a Living Life list? I have a reasonable chance of not dying anytime soon so I thought I would focus not on what I would have missed out on if I died soon but on what I can experience while I am alive and kicking!!!
Having said that, I have found a fun website called bucketlist.org which has some wonderful ideas! Check it out here!
I figure I need to keep focused on what I am gaining in lifestyle and how I am feeling physically rather than on how much weight I have lost or what I can’t eat if I am going to meet my goals. So below is a list of things I
would (will) do if (when) my fitness and self-consciousness were not (are no longer) an issue.
This list may evolve, so stay tuned.
I would love to hear your “Living Life” suggestions! I hope to journal each of the experiences as I complete them.
LIVING LIFE CHALLENGE (in no particular order)
- Take the family to wet’n'wild and enjoy all the rides with my kids!
- Rock climbing – with Karlee followed by a massage
- Swim in the parent/teacher race at the kids school swimming carnival
- Run in a fun run (10 or 12km). Bridge to Brisbane and Gold Coast Marathon, 2012.
- Go bike riding with my children and keep up!
- Swimming in the ocean (haven’t been in for years due to embarrassment of body).
- Bush Dance – call me crazy but I think it’s fun, the whole “Bow to your partner!”
- Go surfing
- Hike – yet to decide where and how far
- Water skiing (I’d love snow skiing too, but bit too far away at this time).
- Dancing. I am coordinated enough for someone to teach me something hip and fun!